We would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding regarding the closing of the ground, it wasn’t something that we wanted to do. We have now received the risk assessment and guidance from the ACU regarding riding again. As a committee we feel that the rulings that are in place to run a trial are not workable at the present time but will continually review the situation as more restrictions are lifted. We have however managed to come up with a procedure (practice but not as you know it) that our insurance company are happy to accept. We realise that everyone feels able to make decisions for themselves over what is safe and what isn’t BUT if we want to be able to ride at the ground we have to adhere to some basic rules.
The main differences for practice for the time being are:
- We are having to limit numbers at the ground at any one time to 40 riders, we will have to ask you to book in using the attached form three days in advance of wanting to ride to allow time to process the application and reply to you.
- You are unable to take anyone else with you, but as we are booking people in it will ensure that our existing rule of not riding on your own will be covered.
- You must live within 40 miles of the ground (which completely prohibits Dave and Gail attending!).
- Anyone touching the gate and/or lock must wear gloves or sanitize their hands before and after touching them.
- Everyone should display their number boards – THIS IS A RULE THAT MOST FORGET NORMALLY BUT THEY SHOULD BE ON YOUR BIKE TO PROVE YOU ARE A MEMBER AND NOW WITH IT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PROVE THAT YOU HAVE BOOKED IN TO RIDE.
With these new rulings in mind we feel it is only fair to offer members who are unable to attend the chance to receive a refund of their 2020 membership if required, you would then be able to re-join the club once the restrictions would allow you to ride as we realise these rules will be penalising some a lot more than others. Hopefully by 1stJanuary things will be able to return to normal and renewals will be treated in the usual way.
Please take the time to read through the attached paperwork and return a completed application form each time you want to ride at the ground three days in advance, you will receive a reply within 24 hours of applying. There may be days when we are already full and your application has to be turned down, if this is the case, we will try to give you priority on your next chosen date.
We had thought that the concreting work either side of the main gate to make a level dry entry/exit point to the ground could be done while we were locked down but as you will all appreciate, merchants have been shut and there has been a shortage of workers and materials (our main contractor has been in isolation and unable to work). This work will go ahead as soon as we can get it done now so there may be the odd day when access through the gate is unavailable, we will notify you if and when this is going to happen.
If you have any queries relating to this then please email Gail at the usual email address email@example.com and we will do our best to explain.